TherapKid is a powerful & affordable duo-phonic synthesizer inspired by the mighty therapSid.Best of BothThe first generation of SID (6581) had a wonderful gritty distorted filter but the later 8580 had a much stronger filter (more resonance). TherapKid offers a digital take on the best of both worlds with a strong filter resonance and 6581-like gritty tone.Monophnoic, Duophonic, Chords & DronesTherapKid has 2 voices, each voice consisting of 4 oscillators.In duophonic mode you can play 2 notes at once, in mono mode you can detune them. But you can take things further by detuning each of the oscillators individually to form chords or drones.LO/HI-FiWhile the wavetables are 8Bit, they are processed by a powerful 96MHz 32BIT processor and put out of a 16BIT DAC with oversampling and filtering. This formula of retro sound generated by modern hardware allows for plenty of summing headroom, a rich sounding filter, and complex modulations.
- Set the volume of the 8 waveforms independently*
- Tune each of the 8 waveforms independently (chords, drones!)*
- Sine wave for pure tones and deep sub bass*
- Muti-mode arpeggiator
- Ring modulator
- Duophonic or monophonic modes
- Hybrid 6581/8580 inspired multimode filter (Low pass, High pass, Band Pass, Notch)
- Dual therapSid style LFO with up to 48 connections that can be made a a push of a button.
- 50 Preset memory with wild random preset generator
- Sturdy powder-coated steel case
- Hardware MIDI via included 3.5mm >Din5 cable
- USB Powered (can be battery powered with a USB battery brick)
- 185mm x95mm x30mm
*can’t be done on a real SID
More Info: Twisted Electrons therapKid