Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 QUAD Core
4-core Thunderbolt 3 DSP Accelerator with UAD Analog Classics Plus Plug-in Bundle – Mac/PC, AAX 64, VST, AU, RTAS
Write your review Item ID: UAD2SatTB34
The World’s Most Authentic Analog Emulation Plug-ins
Want to shift your music production into high gear? The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 will do just that. This is the QUAD model — four SHARC processors deliver a massive level of DSP, enabling you to pack your mixes with the world’s most authentic analog emulation plug-ins. What’s more, this DSP accelerator’s Thunderbolt 3 connectivity gives it sub-2ms latency and enough bandwidth to build massive daisy chains of Thunderbolt-equipped devices. The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 includes UA’s Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, and you can access over 90 optional plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, and more. The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 sports updated cosmetics with a convenient front-panel power switch and eye-catching backlit UA logo.
Note: The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 requires a Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included).
Portable UAD plug-in power
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 not only includes UA’s Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, it also provides you access to more than 90 plug-ins from brands including Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Pultec, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately). This desktop-friendly unit connects to your Thunderbolt 3-equipped computer, turbocharging your Thunderbolt-based studio with the most authentic analog emulation plug-ins on the planet.
Truly scalable mixing power
That’s why the Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 is available in QUAD or OCTO models (with either four or eight SHARC processors), letting you customize your studio horsepower to the demands of your workflow. They may also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe cards and Thunderbolt-enabled Apollo interfaces for truly scalable mixing power.
Thunderbolt 3 — ultra-low latency and unrivaled bandwidth
When Thunderbolt technology burst onto the scene, UA was one of the first to adopt it. And now, thanks to Thunderbolt 3, this blazing-fast connectivity is better than ever. For starters, it offers lower latency and greater stability than USB or FireWire, clocking in with the speed and ultra-fast performance of a PCI Express system. In fact, the UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 runs projects with high track counts at latencies of less than 2ms! On top of that, its near-infinite bandwidth blows Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 out of the water, enabling you to place multiple Thunderbolt-equipped devices — even 4k or 5k monitors — at the end of your signal chain without issues. You don’t even need a brand-new computer — the UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3’s two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports are backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 (adapter sold separately).
Includes the Analog Classics Plus Plug-in Bundle:
- UA 610-B
- Fairchild 670 Legacy
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec-Pro Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 QUAD Core Features:
- Portable DSP Accelerator unit plus UAD plug-in package
- Run UAD Powered Plug-ins via Thunderbolt 3
- Juiced performance at higher sample rates with less than 2ms of latency
- 4 SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins (sold separately) from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals*
- Fan-free construction for quiet operation
- Great for mobile mixing with UAD plug-ins on your Thunderbolt 3-equipped computer
- Expands the DSP power of your Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo audio interface; can be combined with other UAD-2 DSP Accelerators
- Updated cosmetics with convenient front-panel power switch and eye-catching backlit UA logo
- Backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 (adapter sold separately)
*Note: The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 can daisy-chain and provide bus-power for a Universal Audio Arrow interface via one of its Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Computer Connectivity:Thunderbolt 3
- Form Factor:Desktop DSP Accelerator
- Built In DSP/FX:4 x SHARC Processors – Realtime UAD processing
- Thunderbolt:2 x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3)
- Software:UAD Analog Classics Plus Plug-in Bundle: Fairchild, UA, Pultec, Precision, Teletronix, RealVerb Pro
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.12 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later
- Power Supply:12V DC power supply (included)
- Manufacturer Part Number:TB3SATQ-C