Limitless creative options
However you prefer to write, create, perform, and play, KeyStep Pro gives you all the tools and options you need to do it with style.
A great way for keyboard players to perform on the fly. Pressing the “Record” button automatically puts KeyStep Pro in its Real-Time Recording mode. This lets you record a polyphonic sequence as you play, and either non-destructively overdub as you go, or rewrite the sequence as it progresses.
For the traditional step-sequencer fan, manually entering the steps one-by-one, either without the sequence running or while it plays in the background.
Focus on a step, and edit its content. Simple! You can even visualize the notes that are contained in the step on the keys above the LEDs. Select notes that you want to edit, then duplicate them, transpose, modify their length, whatever you like.
Nice and easy: simply hold a step and press keys to quickly edit the content of a step.
When switched to the “drum” option, Track 1 becomes a powerful drum sequencer, giving you 16 drum parts to play with. The first 8 have analog Gate outputs so you can bring drum modules to life. Press a key to select a drum part, then edit the sequence on the steps.
One of the best loved features on Arturia sequencers and drum machines, KeyStep Pro also includes polyrhythmic sequencing abilities, letting you choose different sequence lengths per drum, and per sequence track.
KeyStep Pro lets you quickly enter a specific chord shape, store it, and play it by holding a single note. Great for beginners and house music producers!
- KeyStep Pro unit
- Registration card
- Quick Start
- USB cable
- Power supply
Size & weight
- Instrument size : 23.2 x 8.2 x 1.5 inches (589 x 208 x 38mm)
- Instrument weight : 5.9 lbs. (2.7 Kg)
- 37 note slim keys, velocity and aftertouch sensitive
- LED above each key for efficient visual feedback
- Four track step sequencer
- 16 step buttons, up to 64 steps per sequence
- Up to 16 notes of polyphony per step
- Melodic sequencer
- Real-Time recording, step recording, step editing
- Pitch, velocity, gate length, time shift and probability for each note
- Scale quantization with user scales
- Polyphonic CV outputs
- Drum sequencer
- 24 part drum sequencer
- Performance-oriented sequencer
- Forward and two random playing modes
- Pattern randomization
- Quantized or unquantized recording
- 7 arpeggiator modes, 5 octave range
- Chord mode
- Controller mode
- Use the 5 encoders to send CCs
- Automate the CCs
- Crisp OLED display
- 4x (CV, Gate, Mod) outputs + 8 drum gate outputs
- 1 MIDI in, 2 MIDI out, USB, Clock synchronization
- Metronome with included speaker and line output