The Legendary Sound of an Acid Icon
Hearkening back to the genesis of electronic music, the Behringer TD-3 analog synthesizer and sequencer produces the throbbing rhythms and greasy bass sounds that have defined electro-funk, acid, techno, and house for the last 30 plus years. The TD-3 is an authentic interpretation of its iconic predecessor, with an all-analog signal path, a 16-step sequencer, transistor wave-shaping circuitry, a built-in arpeggiator, and a four-pole resonant lowpass filter that oozes with character. When the techno and house producers get their hands on the TD-3, there was no stopping the funk! Grimy, squelching, and unapologetic, the TD-3 is a retro-style groove machine reincarnated for contemporary producers and sound designers that you’re sure to love.
Unmistakable analog attitude
The Behringer TD-3’s signature growl and punch start with an authentic analog VCO. Select between a biting, aggressive sawtooth, or a bright, resonant square wave to lay the groundwork for your synth bass creations. Then twist and morph them with the TD-3’s four-pole resonant VCF until they bark, squawk, and shriek. And for total dystopic synth chaos, hit the drive switch and watch your listener’s faces melt.
Powerful and intuitive programming
Programming the TD-3’s onboard 16-step 7-track sequencer is a cakewalk. Compose your patterns in Step mode or use Keyboard mode to play and record them in real time and save up to 250 user patterns for instant recall. Breathe life into your sequences with programmable accents and slides and manipulate them using the TD-3’s 11 controls and 28 switches for dynamic performances. And for even more soundscaping awesomeness, tap into the onboard arpeggiator to build complex, evolving melodies and otherworldly effects.
Link multiple modules with Poly Chain
The TD-3 is a tiny terror all on its own, but, with its Poly Chain output, you can link it to multiple modules for insane 16-voice polyphony. And it plays well with others, easily integrating into your existing synth rig and DAW via 5-pin DIN and USB-MIDI, as a master or slave module.
Behringer TD-3 Features:
- An authentic interpretation of an iconic bass synth module
- Single oscillator with switchable sawtooth and square waveforms
- All-analog VCO, VCF, VCA signal path design based on legendary designs
- Four-pole resonant filter to twist and morph your sounds
- Powerful programmability, with 16-step sequencer with 7 tracks and 250 user pattern slots
- Add depth and dimension to your patterns with programmable accents, slides, and real-time parameter manipulation using 11 controls and 28 switches
- Link multiple modules over Poly Chain for up to 16-voice polyphony
- Type:Desktop Bass Synthesizer
- Pads:13 x Key Buttons
- Polyphony:Monophonic, 16-voice Poly Chain
- Sequencer:16-step, 7-track, 250 User Patterns
- Analog Inputs:1 x 1/8″ TS (filter in)
- Analog Outputs:1 x 1/4″ TS (line out)
- Headphones:1 x 1/8″
- MIDI I/O:In, Out/Thru, USB
- Other I/O:CV out, Gate out, Sync in
- USB:1 x Type B
- Software:Behringer Synth Tool App
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.8.5 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:1.8 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:TD3AM