Inspired Re-creation of a Legendary Small-diaphragm Condenser
Their acclaimed compressors and preamps have famously upset the pro audio price/performance ratio. When Warm Audio turned its attention to the granddaddy of small-diaphragm FET condenser microphones, you know it had to be good. And it is. Flash back to any top recording studio in the 1970s. You’ll see the venerable ’84 everywhere. Sweetwater engineers who have worked with different generations of this perennial studio favorite know that the vintage ones have a warmer, more forgiving sonic character. It’s these circuit designs — dating back nearly half a century — that Warm Audio closely followed for the WA-84.
Quality components make the Warm difference
Warm Audio doesn’t cut corners on components, but they do order parts and build in quantity, which keeps costs down and delivers amazing value. Featuring a meticulously crafted vintage reproduction capsule, WA-84 is built with premium all-discrete components that include Fairchild transistors, Wima capacitors, and a CineMag USA transformer. Designed for professional commercial and home studios, live sound reinforcement, and broadcast applications, the WA-84 has the uncanny ability to finesse a wide range of sources, such as acoustic guitars, double bass, drums and percussion, piano, strings, brass and woodwinds, and more.
What can the WA-84 do for you?
Every studio needs at least one pair of high-quality small-diaphragm condenser mics, and the Warm Audio WA-84 is designed after a legendary one. With its versatile cardioid polar pattern and 10dB pad, you can use the WA-84 on any instrument — with world-class results. It makes snares and tom toms sound huge. It’s great for drum overheads, capturing cymbals with warmth and vibrancy. It’s perfect for adding a bit of room to complement a close dynamic or ribbon mic on a guitar cabinet. Engage the pad, and move the mic right up on the speaker grille.
Warm Audio WA-84 Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone Features:
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Fully discrete signal path
- Vintage reproduction capsule
- CineMag USA Transformer
- 48V phantom powered
- Frequency Range: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity: -39dB or 11mV/Pa @ 1kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kΩ
- Switchable Pad: -10dB
- Maximum SPL: 123/133dB @ 1kHz, 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB
- S/N Ratio: 78dBA (IEC651)
- Equivalent noise: 16dBA (IEC651)
- Dynamic range: 107dBA (IEC651)
- Connector: 3-pin gold-plated XLR
- Includes microphone, cardioid capsule, shockmount, mic clip, windscreen, carrying case
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Diaphragm Size:Small Diaphragm
- Frequency Range:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:123dB SPL (133dB with pad)
- Output Impedance:200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:78dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:16dB (A weighted)
- Sensitivity:11mV/Pa @ 1kHz
- Power Source:48V phantom power
- Weight:0.27 lbs.
- Included Accessories:Shockmount, Windscreen, Mic Clip, Carrying Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:WA84-C-N
More info, https://warmaudio.com/wa-84/