Coloration — and why you want it
The most coveted vintage consoles and outboard gear weren’t transparent. And that’s the point behind the Warm Audio WA12 MKII. Coloration is, in many cases, desirable. If your mixes sound unprofessional, lacking in vibrancy and depth, you’ll adore the WA12 MKII. Subjective listening tests played a big part in the development of this amazing preamp. Test equipment can tell you only so much, and there’s a point in the design process where you’ve got to let your ears call the shots. You wouldn’t mix with earplugs and an oscilloscope, would you?
Top-tier performance — amazing value
At Sweetwater, we understand that outfitting your studio is a balancing act between performance and value. Warm Audio gets that, and their WA12 MKII delivers on both counts. In spite of its ultra-reasonable pricing, Warm Audio gear is made using only the finest components like genuine Cinemag input and output transformers. Look at it this way: at this price, you can pack your rack with two or more WA12 MKII preamps — a capital idea if you record live drums or more than one track at a time.
Warm Audio WA12 MKII Mic/Instrument Preamp Features:
- Fully discrete design with a robust 71dB of gain to power all your mics — even ribbons
- High-voltage X731 operational amplifier, based on the classic Melcor 1731
- Tone button gives you tonal versatility by switching input impedance from 600 to 150 ohms
- 48-volt phantom power, 20dB pad, and polarity invert switches
- Mic level balanced input: XLR or 1/4″ TRS
- Balanced outputs: XLR and 1/4″ TRS
- 2 Mohms true hi-Z input on front panel — great for guitars, bass, keyboards
- Custom-designed Cinemag input and output transformers
- LED gain indicator
- Preamp Type:Solid State Mic/Instrument Preamp
- Number of Channels:1
- Phantom Power:Yes
- Polarity Switch:Yes
- EQ:Tone impedance switch
- Analog Inputs:1 x XLR (mic), 1 x 1/4″ (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs:1 x 1/4″ TRS, 1 x XLR
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:0.99 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:WA12 MKII