Built to serve high-tech mic emulations and provide multipattern pickup for incredible versatility, the Antelope Edge Duo is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone bundled with software models of 18 coveted dynamic, ribbon, and condenser microphones. Resultingly, it gives musicians, producers, and project studio engineers access to an impressive virtual mic locker and the luxury of “swapping” mics and polar patterns in an instant, even after the recording.
With its dual-membrane, dual-output construction, the microphone offers multiple polar patterns while facilitating accurate on- and off-axis response, one that you can better tweak across two channels thanks to its multiple outputs. An included oxygen-free copper cable makes the connection from the mic’s 5-pin output to two 3-pin XLR terminations. Additionally, it comes with a vibration-inhibiting shockmount and a pop filter that helps reduce pops from vocal plosives.
- Studio condenser microphone with cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, and in-between polar patterns selectable in real time via software
- Dual 1.3″ gold-sputtered membranes
- Precision software models of 18 coveted dynamic mics, ribbon mics, solid-state condenser mics, and tube condenser mics
- Mic emulations work with Antelope audio interfaces or macOS/Windows DAWs that support VST, AU, or AAX plug-in formats (iLok 2 or iLok 3 USB dongle required for plug-in use)
- XLR 5-pin output connector
- XLR 5-pin to dual XLR 3-pin breakout cable
- Runs on 48V phantom power
- Includes shockmount, pop filter, and hard storage case
More information – Antelope