Whether you monitor at low or high volume, the Focal Alpha 80 Evo active 8″ studio monitor delivers the same sound profile, making it a valuable reference tool for tracking, mixing, DJing, and broadcast applications. Compared to the original Alpha 80, the Evo version offers Slatefiber in place of polyglass material for the woofer, a new cabinet design, a third input jack, a defeatable automatic standby mode, and inserts for wall mounting.
The combination of the updated cabinet, 8″ Slatefiber woofer, 1″ aluminum inverted dome tweeter, and two Class-D amplifiers allows the Alpha 80 Evo to produce neutral, distortion-free tone across its 38 Hz to 22 kHz frequency response. Use the onboard 2-band EQ to alter the sonic performance according to room eccentricities as well as personal preference.
- 8″ Slatefiber Cone Woofer
- 1″ Aluminum Inverted Dome Tweeter
- Dual Class-D Amplifiers
- Identical Tone at Low and High Volume
- Automatic Standby Mode
- Adjustable Bass and Treble Settings
- XLR, 1/4″ TRS, and RCA Inputs
- Large Laminar Bass-Reflex Port
- Inserts for Wall Mounting
More information – Focal