With the OctaMic XTC eight microphone and line inputs, four switchable to Hi-Z mode, meet an unrivaled variety of digital connection protocols – from common ADAT and AES/EBU to sophisticated 64-channel MADI optical.
Analog signals are converted with RME’s newest converter technology. Maintaining the excellent sound and frequency response that RME converters are known for, this preamp excels in an extraordinary gain range, extremely low latencies and stunning EIN and signal to noise ratios.
With the help of the full color TFT display, the quickly accessible setup options reveal another truely unique feature: all analog and digital inputs, including up to 64 MADI channels and 8 AES/EBU audio channels, can be freely patched to any output – including the 24 channels of its Class Compliant USB 2.0 audio interface format.
RME OctaMic XTC 8-channel Preamplifier/Digital Converter Features:
- An 8-channel reference-quality preamp, cutting-edge digital converter, and USB interface rolled into one
- 8 x XLR combo inputs provide input level ranging from -53dBu up to +32dBu
- All 8 channels feature RME’s pristine microphone preamplifiers (with phantom power) for wonderfully clear sound
- 4 x channels offer balanced TRS inputs for line-level sources, whereas the other 4 provide DI inputs for instruments
- Digital gain controls provide nearly noise-free manual gain adjustments
- AutoSet technology lets you automatically reduce gain on single channels or groups of channels
- RME’s most advanced digital conversion delivers up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution audio of exceptional quality
- Extensive digital output provides connectivity with virtually any digital gear, including USB 2.0 for your computer
- Save your current setup to 6 memory slots for super-fast settings recall
- MIDI, Word Clock, and remote control connectivity provide advanced sync and control options
More information found here – RME