Handmade in Vienna and subject to the strictest quality assurance processes, the OD5 instrument microphone once again comes with some special features in the usual Austrian Audio manner.
Most noticeable is the “Swivel Joint” mechanism. To simplify the positioning of the instrument microphone, Austrian Audio’s engineers have developed a suspension system for the microphone basket that allows a 220° rotation of the field. This allows the microphone to be precisely aligned to the sound source or according to personal sound preferences.
A feature already known from the OD505 vocal microphone is the active-dynamic circuit. This ensures that even long cable runs have no negative effect on the signal. In addition, the active-dynamic design allows the integration of a proper high-pass filter.
As a very versatile instrument microphone, the OD5 will find many uses. Perfectly suited for use on various drums; a custom mount is available as an optional accessory; it’s also superb on guitar amplifiers, as well as in front of wind instruments.
- Active dynamic capsule – ensures that even long cable runs have no negative effect on the signal.
- Innovative Swivle Joint – allows 220° rotation of the microphone basket
- Rugged die-cast body – ideal for the most challenging live environments
- Directional characteristic – High Precision Cardioid
- Switchable high pass filter – 80 Hz (2nd order), 120 Hz (2nd order)
- Pad: -10 dB
- Directional characteristic: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 18 kHz
- Sensitivity: 6.7 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 21 dB SPL (A)
- Max SPL:151 dB SPL (>160 dB SPL mit pad)
- Low cut filter: 80 Hz (2nd Order), 120 Hz (2nd Order)
- Pad: -10 dB
- Impedance: 275 Ω (symmetrical)
- Load impedance:1 kΩ
- Supply voltage:48 V (< 1.5 mA)
- Main Connector: XLR 3 pin
- Dimensions: 147 x 82 x 54 mm
- Weight: 265 g
More information – Austrian Audio