The CG-1000 from Tascam is specifically designed for recording studios, live sound applications and professional musicians. An OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) is used for its high precision and because it’s not affected by the temperature of the environment. With a clock frequency precision of 0.01 ppm the unit delivers high-precision synchronization with a frequency stability of +/-0.005 ppm or less per day.
In addition to twelve Wordclock outputs, the digital outputs include two AES3/AES11 and two S/PDIF outputs, making this unit useful for large-scale audio synchronization systems and a wide variety of other applications. Of the twelve Wordclock outputs, two also support x2 Fs, x4 Fs and 256 Fs output, enabling them to be used in systems with Pro Tools and other DAW software.
The unit features multiple functions to support maintenance and the identification of issues if problems occur, allowing the device to provide troubleshooting support. Additionally, a logging function enables issues to be listed, and saved to a CSV file format on a USB flash drive. A self-correction function allows users to conduct maintenance using an external signal input and simple operations.
Amphenol BNC connectors on the chassis use nuts for coupling for extra durability, along with a single circuit board used for each connector. This provides good resistance to the twisting and pulling of cables, and the suppression of interference between connectors.
- Internal clock uses a high-precision OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) that is not influenced by the temperature of the environment
- External input connector that supports 10 MHz, allowing creation of systems with even higher precision
- Jitter management circuit provides stable clock
- Glitch-free relocking circuit prevents noise and skipping during clock dropouts and recovery
- Numerous output connectors, including twelve Wordclock outputs, enabling the use in large-scale audio synchronization systems
- AES3 and AES11 signals can also be used for external master clock input sources
- Analyzer function that can measure input frequencies
- Optimal levels can be provided to other devices by adjusting Wordclock output levels
- Self-calibration function using an external oscillator (Atomic/GPS 10MHz, GPS PPS) (requires a separate PPS-output 10 MHz oscillator with a built-in GPS antenna)
- Wordclock performance up to 192 kHz
- Up to four system settings can be saved to buttons for recall, and saved settings can be imported and exported via USB
- Durable Amphenol manufactured nut-coupling BNC connectors
- Independent circuit boards for each connector prevents contact failures due to twisting
- Panel-lock switch can be used to prevent inadvertent changes to unit operation
- 128 x 64-pixel organic EL display with a wide viewing angle
- Firmware updates possible using the USB port
- 1U rackmount
More info, https://tascam.com/us/product/cg-1000/top