In 2021, music hardware/software experts Universal Audio launched their first line of guitar effects pedals — aptly-named the UAFX series! Bringing the same class-leading innovation and ease-of-use of its pro audio products to a tactile, plug-and-play stompbox format — the forward-thinking brand has now expanded its UAFX range with three “amp-in-a-box” pedals based on iconic, vintage tone machines from the ’50s and ’60s.
The UAFX Ruby ’63 Top Boost amp pedal emulates a quintessential British valve combo beloved by artists and producers for over 60 years, from Queen to U2 and Radiohead. Built on powerful dual-engine processing and acclaimed UAD modelling, the Ruby ’63 is designed to deliver “chimey” cleans, complex overdrive, and classic vibrato — all from a compact unit that easily fits on your pedalboard!
- UAFX dual-engine provides the most convincing ’60s British valve combo sound ever placed into a stompbox!
- Includes the world’s best speaker cabinet, mic, and room tones — derived from the award-winning OX Amp Top Box
- Features “hot rod” treble booster, preamp boost, and speaker swaps; plus free additional downloadable speaker cabs and mics upon registration
- Bypass cabinet/mic emulations and use in front of your amp like a conventional pedal, for added tonal flavour and overdrive sounds
- UAFX mobile app lets you customise footswitches, recall and archive your presets, unlock additional features, download artist presets, and more!
- Timeless UA design and craftsmanship, built to last decades
More information – Universal Audio