Ever since the 1970s, the iconic white woofer and signature sound of Yamaha’s nearfield reference monitors have become a genuine industry standard for a reason—their accuracy.
Unlike studio monitors with added bass or treble frequencies which may sound more flattering at first, HS Series speakers, like this HS5 SG 5″ powered studio monitor, were designed to give you the most honest, precise reference possible, providing an ideal sonic platform to build on throughout the mixing process. By combining acquired knowledge and expertise with state-of-the-art sound technologies, Yamaha’s speaker engineering team have examined, then optimized, every aspect that has contributed to making these monitors the most trusted in the business. The HS5 is the smallest of the series, and features a 5″ cone woofer and 1″ dome tweeter that’s just the right size for smaller home studios.
- Size: Near-field
- System type: Active
- Configuration: 2-way
- Low-frequency driver: 5″
- Mid-frequency driver: Not applicable
- High-frequency driver: 1″
- Full-range driver: Not applicable
- Driver type: Info not available
- Frequency response: 54Hz – 30kHz
- Max peak SPL: Info not available
- Amplifier class: Info not available
- Output power: 70W
- Input connectors: XLR, TRS
- Standby mode: Info not available
- Acoustic space control: Yes
- Power indicator: Yes
- Width: 6.7″
- Height: 11.2″
- Depth: 8.7″
- Weight: 11.7 lb.
- Enclosure type: Ported
More information – Yamaha