Mighty Big Oscillator you got there…
East Beast’s oscillator, designed in partnership with the too serious for words people from Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizers, is a part of their 5th generation of analog oscillators stemming from a super-serious 10 years of continued research into analog oscillator development.
Its circuitry is not a clone or based on any outside designs. It is made with 100% modern components. This keeps it very stable, and giving it a super rich, and unique sound. Definitely not junk.
Shape the beast in your own image..
To further sculpt the sounds we’ve included an envelope generator & LFO. The custom envelope circuit creates a snappy, percussive attack for expressive performance. The dual range LFO opens up a wide range of LFO and audio rate modulation possibilities.
Get wobbly & weird, or not. No judgment from us here, we promise.
Some Really Boring Facts About East Beast
- East coast style subtractive monophonic synthesizer
- Controllable via MIDI, CV, and integrated button keyboard
- Fully patchable – use East Beast’s components as separate modules with external devices or reroute its internal patching. It’s like having 9 individual modules (Oscillator, filter, envelope, VCA, LFO, multi-mod tool, sequencer, MIDI to CV converter, and button keyboard).
- 32 step sequencer with up to 13 presets
- Generative sequencing mode
- Clock-synced arpeggiator
- Step sequencer can be manipulated & transposed via MIDI and the integrated button keyboard
- Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer developed 100% analog oscillator
- Oscillator waveforms – sine, triangle, saw, square, and pitched noise – Waveforms can be combined
- Oscillator includes pulse-width modulation (PWM) and frequency modulation (FM)
- Variable state, multi-mode PGH “No-Dead-Spots” filter (lowpass, bandpass, highpass, modes can be combined)
- Analog envelope generator
- Integrated VCA
- Dual-range analog LFO with triangle wave output
- Digital multi-mod tool – modulation control via CV, random generator, and extra LFO and envelope generator
- Internal clock with tap tempo and can be clocked via an external source.
- Built-in clock divider
- Can be used standalone in its included case or removed and used as a eurorack format module
- Specifications for when used as a eurorack module
- Width when used as a module = 40hp
- Depth when used as a module = 25mm
- 213mA power draw when running +12V rail
- 151mA power draw when running -12V
- Input voltage range of oscillator = 0-10V
- Included in the box – 1x East Beast, 1x East Beast wall-wart power supply, 5x Amazing Nazca Noodles Patch Cables, 2x 3.5mm to 5 pin MIDI Din pigtails, and love (love’s presence likely, but not guaranteed)
More information – Cre8audio