Available from January 2024, so Pre-Order now!
This advanced unit introduces a new DRIVE mode, comprehensive connectivity, and state-of-the-art digital conversion, all within a compact 8-channel 2U rackmount format. The ORIGIN recording console, a contemporary-classic from SSL, first introduced the groundbreaking PureDrive™ microphone preamplifier. This innovative preamp maintains the clarity and punch of SSL’s previous designs while also offering the flexibility to switch its character to a warm, harmonically rich, and driven tone that varies with gain.
ORIGIN, in combination with the PureDrive™ microphone preamp, has left an indelible mark on the world’s top recording studios. Whether you’re capturing the delicate nuances of a piano concerto in PURE mode or adding warmth to a drum recording in DRIVE mode, the PureDrive™ microphone preamp has become an indispensable tool in some of the industry’s most prestigious studios and recording facilities due to its versatility and exceptional sonic characteristics.
- 8 channel high-performance PureDrive™ mic preamps
- +48V phantom power, polarity invert and hi-pass filter
- Stepped Gain control up to +65 dB Gain
- 31-step Trim control, with precise 1 dB increments
- 3 modes for each preamp – Clean, Classic Drive and Asymmetric Drive
- Mic/Line Input Switching
- Mic via XLR
- Line via choice of TRS Jack or dedicated D-Sub connectivity
- 4 x front panel Hi-Z/DI Instrument unbalanced inputs with automatic input detection
- 4 mic preamp input impedance options – explore new tonal possibilities from your dynamic and ribbon microphones
- Balanced analogue outputs/insert sends for external processing
- +24 dBu professional line level insert returns/ADC inputs
- Analogue to digital connectivity via ADAT, AES and USB
- Ability to switch ADAT and AES connections to source audio from DAW outputs (USB) instead of the A/D converter
- USB soundcard mode
- OCTO – 8 in / 24 out (@44.1/48 kHz)
- 8 x analogue / 8 AES + 16 ADAT outs
- Up to 192 kHz and 32-bit conversion, professional I/O levels (+24 dBu = 0 dBFS).
- Selectable Auto-Sleep mode
- Auto-ranging Wordclock In and Out
For more info, visit the manufacturer’s website – SSL Puredrive OCTO